Here’s a quick list of 7 tips to help you get ready to quit sugar now.
Prepare by doing these things:
1. Select your quitting day. It will take about 6 days to quit and feel the powerful effects.
2. Stock your kitchen. Make sure you have plenty of protein, plenty of healthful fats, plenty of vegetables, plenty of healthful starches. Build your meals so they include all of them.
3. Pre-cut the vegetables, so they’re accessible and convenient as snacks, as well as with meals.
4. Get rid of any sugary foods you have in the house. Don’t tell yourself you’ll simply avoid them. If a sugar craving strikes, it will be too easy to eat them.
5. Arm yourself with liquid B-complex. Make sure you get complete B-complex, not a specific, individual B vitamin – in other words, not B12! (For some reason, it’s the most common mistake.) [Check with your doctor first to make sure B vitamins are okay for you to take.]
6. Work out as usual, but not necessarily super-hard.
7. Drink plenty of water in the days before you quit, during your Quitting Days, and beyond.
At least a few days ahead, start eating meals that include one food from each group in tip # 2.
On your quitting day, stop eating sugar.
Use 1 teaspoon of liquid B-complex whenever you get a sugar craving, and give it a few minutes to take effect.
If you stick with this for 6 days, it will work. You’ll be past the hard part. Then the discipline starts as you stick with this type of eating long-term.